Saturday, April 10, 2010

Behind a Mask by Louisa May Alcott

6/10

Hello, I'm ba-ack. So we are going to be moving in with my Dad at the end of the month and have slowly began moving some of our stuff there. I packed up all my books and they are sitting in Father's garage. So I have not had access to any books. So my posts upcoming will likely have to be books that I finish up and not ones I have read from the past due to their current locale. But I guess once I move in with The Pops then I can scrounge around and pull a book out at random and report my findings. However, back to the present, I found a printout version of this Alcott story in my old school backpack as we were going through stuff in preparation for our move. So here we are: just chillin' watching the Masters and another book I've read ready to be notched in the annals.

This is quite a short book, hence the printout version I have. It is entertaining enough, but not my particular cup o' tea. It's all about this young governess who comes to live at this estate where all the men around end up falling in love with her. We learn, not at the start but eventually, that she is pulling all the strings and stringing them all along in ways that suit her own purposes. She is behind a mask as it were. Innocent and sweet on the outside, poison on the inside. She ends up humiliating a fair number of dudes when all is said and done. It's worth a looky-look, I say I say.

A solo quote:

"Traitors are always betrayed in the end."

No comments: