Monday, September 21, 2015

The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis

7/10

I read this about a decade ago, give or take. It is the final book in the Narnia series and probably has the heaviest symbolism out of all the books which makes it fascinating. Some of the symbolism involves a false Aslan being set up, a last Armageddon-style battle, and a final judgment where all are judged by Aslan, among many other symbolic moments. It's a good book and a good way to finish off the series. I plan on reading this Narnia series to my daughter coming up pretty soon.

I will now officially rank the Narnia books in order from my favorite to least favorite:

1. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
2. The Silver Chair
3. The Last Battle
4. The Voyage of the 'Dawn Treader'
5. Prince Caspian
6. The Magician's Nephew
7. The Horse and His Boy

I will end with two quotes:

"They will not let us help them. They have chosen cunning instead of belief. Their prison is only in their minds, yet they are in that prison; and so afraid of being taken in that they cannot be taken out."

"[A]ll find what they truly seek."

No comments: