Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Holy Temple by Boyd K. Packer

7/10

So, those in the know will be able to tell by the image to the left that I have actually only read the 40 page booklet adapted from Packer's book of the same name. So I should probably put an * in the title of this post. Or just mention it here.

I read this forever ago, I don't remember when. Maybe on my mission, maybe before. So I don't have much recall. But as I thumbed through it looking for a quote or two I couldn't help but notice that even this small booklet contains tons of info about the temple that would improve my temple worship. Lots of good advice about approaching temple worship and cool stuff about symbolism, the sealing power, ancient temples, et cetera. Plus, I remembered that I have this booklet only after teaching not one but two gospel doctrine classes about the temple. Would have helped to go through this during lesson prep. Now I just need to go read the full length book to get more of some of the secret juicy details.

Quotes:

"A careful reading of the scriptures reveals that the Lord did not tell all things to all people."

"The Lord has every right and authority to direct that matters relating to the temple be kept sacred and confidential."

"Surely the Lord is pleased when we are worthy of the title: A keeper of the covenants."

No comments: