Saturday, May 31, 2014

William Shakespeare's Star Wars by Ian Doescher

7/10

So I figured I'd read this book since I just finished reading all of Shakespeare's stuff. I finished it today. It is a book for Star Wars nerds and Shakespeare nerds. What a combo. In other words, it is for the hugest nerds on the planet.

I was somewhat hesitant to read it. I knew it was going to be silly but thought that the writing would be sort of embarrassing. I was wrong. It was very well written - in iambic pentameter no less - and remained sufficiently amusing. It contained some good word play and some insightful soliloquies. It was a very quick read, and the joke of doing Star Wars lines in Shakespearean language didn't wear off, much to my delightful surprise.

Turns out that "The Empire Striketh Back" recently came out and that "The Jedi Doth Return" is coming out in about one month. I'm sure I will read those somewhere down the line.

No comments: