Sunday, June 22, 2014

Buddhism For Beginners by Thich Thanh Tu

2/10

Another Buddhist book post. I think it's a pretty obscure book because I can't find the book cover or anything about it or it's author online (granted I only looked for a few minutes). So I posted this awesome picture instead.

So this is another book given to me by that nice Buddhist lady I met on my mission (I mentioned her in a previous post about a different Buddhist book). I also read this one on my mission and don't remember anything about it. It's a short 79 page book and doesn't seem to have as many good quotes as the other Buddhist book already posted. With all my Buddhist reading, I still don't really know what's going on there.

But here's some quotes from this book:

"The first period is for beginners, to learn the fact that life basically is suffering."

"A true Buddhist should not lie under any circumstances, unless when he has to save the innocent from a devil. In this latter case, the individual determines to go to hell in order to save the innocent."

"The three-poisons (greed, anger, and stupidity)..."

No comments: