Saturday, July 5, 2014

Strengthen Your Brethren

7/10

I read this in February, 2004. I know because I wrote the date of completion inside the front cover.

This is an old (1991) Priesthood manual. I acquired three out of the four of these manuals from this series that were used back then. I got it on the mission, I don't really remember from where. They seem to have been pretty good manuals, providing concise lessons consisting of quotes and scripture references. The name of this book comes from D&C 108:7 by the way. It's true, look it up.

And now, a quote from the book and two quotes from people quoted in the book:

"The first and most important way that a priesthood bearer can share priesthood blessings with his wife is to marry her in the temple. The temple is the place where the most holy and sacred priesthood ordinances are bestowed."

From Marion G. Romney: "Desiring, searching, and pondering over 'the words of Eternal Life,' all three of them together, as important as they are, would be inadequate without prayer."

From David O. McKay: "I know of no virtue that helps to contribute to the happiness and peace of a home more than the great quality of self-control in speech."

No comments: