Saturday, September 27, 2014

A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis

6/10

I read this about nine years ago. It is very short and an interesting look into the heart and mind of C.S. Lewis. This book was written shortly after the death of his wife. It is basically his thoughts and the struggles he faced in dealing with this loss. It is very honest and it is always interesting to get into the mind of C.S. Lewis.

I didn't quite enjoy it as much as some of his better stuff, but that's probably because the topic "Grief" is not really supposed to be all that enjoyable. But like I said, it is interesting and short (only 89 pages not counting the Afterword) and so I would recommend others to give it a look.

There are several quotes I could share, but I chose to only post this one:

"If I had really cared, as I thought I did, about the sorrows of the world, I should not have been so overwhelmed when my own sorrow came."

No comments: