Monday, November 24, 2014

Perelandra by C.S. Lewis

4/10

So here's part 2 of the C.S. Lewis space trilogy books. I posted about the first book not long back. I read this some eight or nine years ago and don't really remember too much about it. I remember being slightly disappointed which is probably why I still have not read the third book. Seems like I should just read the third book already, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I remember thinking this book was better than the first as far as the story line and the cool Christian symbolism that Lewis does. But I also remember thinking it was worse than the first book because it was twice as long as the first. And the third book appears to be twice as long as the second which is probably another factor scaring me away from it. Seems like other people like these books much more than me though, I must say.

Some quotes:

"As long as he did his best...God would see to the final issue."

"A stone may determine the course of a river."

"He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less."

No comments: