Sunday, February 14, 2016

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

10/10

I read this more than a decade ago. And I believe it is the first book that I am posting for this blog in which I read a borrowed copy. All the others have been books that I own. I now own this book, but I have never read my owned book. Therefore, I have no underlined passages to search for in order to share fun quotes.

I really love this book. It's one of my favorites. It is supremely creative, original and hilarious. And it is the only fictional novel that my brother has read that he has enjoyed. He's more of a political book type of guy. But he was currently in the army performing inane and pointless tasks repeatedly. I told him he must, MUST! read this book. He relented. And loved it.

The only issue with the book is that it does have a few risqué moments that I could have done without. Other than that, Catch-22 is as flawless as it gets.

No comments: