Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Promised Messiah by Bruce R. McConkie

7/10

I finished reading this last night. It was pretty good. It was loaded with scripture quotations and references as Bruce R. is wont to do. And boy is he thorough. This often reads a lot like an encyclopedia or dictionary since it is so heavily loaded with scripture quotes one after another. It makes it feel like the book is better served as a reference book more so than a book to read from cover to cover.

He is at his best when he ties different scriptures together to make his point. He did an excellent job demonstrating dozens of ways in which the scriptures prove that Jehovah of the Old Testament is Christ. The book did seem to go a little long and go beyond the scope of the book by discussing quite a bit about Christ's mortal ministry rather than just focusing on his premortal ministry and prophecies about his eventual birth and mission. But it was a good book and I am glad that I read it.

I could probably find some good quotes but it's late and nothing immediately jumps to my recollection as a quote that I must share. So my whims dictate that there shall be no quotes shared.

No comments: