Sunday, February 25, 2018

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

9/10

I finished reading this today. I read it with my 7-year old girl, Mallory. We both loved it. The story was very entertaining, the plot was interesting, it had good characters, and the main character was fun and easy to root for. There were a bunch of twists throughout the book; and I'm a big fan of a good plot twist. The biggest twist in the entire book was actually predicted by Mallory well in advance. I don't think that I would have seen the twist coming if it wasn't for Mallory and her creative mind. She was very excited that she was right.

This book is in a genre that I normally don't venture into, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It's the perfect type of book for me to read with Mallory and I look forward to reading more of these kind of books with her. In fact, we already started reading the sequel together, The Runaway King.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you two enjoyed it! Yay for Mallory! She is darling and clever. Also, super good at baseball.... :)

John William said...

Steph, thanks for getting this book for Mallory. I just realized that I failed to give you a shout out in the actual post.