Saturday, January 5, 2019

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow

9/10

I finished reading this a few days ago. I'm finally getting around to finishing off the last few of these books that have sat half-read for the last several years. This is my second to last one that I have left.

I enjoyed this one. He is a really faithful guy and very intelligent. I think my favorite chapter in any of the Teachings of the Presidents book is Chapter 6 in this book. It is a must-read. It is titled: "Becoming Perfect before the Lord: 'A Little Better Day by Day.'" There are lots of good thoughts and quotes from this chapter, but I particularly liked this one:

"In all your acts and conduct ever have the consciousness that you are now preparing and making yourselves a life to be continued through eternities; act upon no principle that you would be ashamed or unwilling to act upon in heaven, employ no means in the attainment of an object that a celestial enlightened conscience would disapprove. Whilst feelings and passions excite you to action, let principles pure, honorable, holy, and virtuous, always rule and govern."

No comments: