Sunday, April 7, 2019

It's Not About the Bunny It's About the Lamb by Ron Millburn

10/10

This book was so lame. Bo-ring. Just kidding. My Dad wrote it and he is the only person who reads this blog so I have to say that it was good. He gave it to me for my birthday a few weeks back and I quickly read it on the toilet in homage to him, the greatest toilet reader of our generation.

It really is good though and is a very solid doctrinal review of the atonement with some very good insights. It was fun for me to read because I've been reading this kind of stuff from him for years on his blog and it was nice to see his scriptural knowledge and storytelling on display in a published booklet. I have lots of favorite parts, such as the classic family home evening story I've heard told a number of times, the great story about David Stone which is a simple classroom lesson which brings to life how personal the Savior's atonement really is, or the informative story about the back of the statue at Winter Quarters and the Hebrew meaning of the atonement being "to cover."

A lot here to ponder. And I'm thankful for having a Dad who is such a good gospel teacher and proud of him for getting this published.

No comments: