Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The Pelican Brief by John Grisham

8/10

I just finished this book last night. I enjoyed it. I'd seen the Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington movie many years ago but only remembered bits and pieces from it. Looking back, I guess I really only remember Julia Roberts running away from bad guys a lot and the car bomb part.

The plot in this one was really good and the pace of it was really well done. It was pretty suspenseful throughout. It was what one would call a "page-turner." Except it took me forever to read because for some reason I fall asleep almost instantly now when I read at night. Probably because I'm way old.

Seems like the main flaw of the book is the huge overreaction by the bad guy Mattiece to try and knock off the Julia Roberts character after she wrote the brief that no one took seriously for one second. Obviously they should have just let it go and done nothing since no one was taking the brief seriously. But then they go on a killing rampage to draw tons of attention to it. Dumb criminals.

Here is my rankings of John Grisham books that I have read:

1. The Pelican Brief
2. The Client

No comments: