Sunday, April 5, 2020

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling


10/10

Finished reading this with Mallory tonight. What a journey. I really liked this one and felt that it was really well done. It is slow moving at first, but I liked the idea of hunting down horcruxes. Seemed like a fun quest and I liked that they had to struggle their way through it rather than just finding instant success. Some nice twists and turns. I liked Snape's role in this book and it was fun to see his story develop. And the much anticipated final face-off between Harry and Voldemort did not disappoint.

I'm glad I waited to read these books with my daughter. I think it made me like the books much more than I perhaps otherwise would have as we got to enjoy discovering this world together.

Below are my rankings:

1. HP-7
2. HP-4
3. HP-3
4. HP-6
5. HP-5
6. HP-2
7. HP-1

No comments: