Saturday, July 27, 2024

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell

 

8/10

I read this book about 8 or 9 months ago. Although I have had some slight brushes with Gladwell in the past, this was my first deep dive with reading a full-length book of his. I feel like, while I did enjoy this book overall, I prefer the former slight brushes to the deep dive. My slight brushes were always interesting whereas the deep dive was interesting but got a bit tiresome after a while. The book seemed much longer than it needed to be. I did enjoy getting different stories and examples, but maybe in smaller, less repetitive doses. I know he was making slightly different points with each of his examples, but they were similar enough that it felt a tad bit repetitive. But I still did enjoy the book (hence the 8/10 rating) even though I've spent the entire time talking about things I didn't like. Some very fun stories and extremely insightful commentary overall.

No comments: