Saturday, August 3, 2024

The Kill Order by James Dashner

 

3/10

I read this one a little over 5 months ago. Not a good book. I enjoyed the first book in this series even though the writing was unimpressive, but every book since has been embarrassing. I can't remember if this is the last book in the series for me to read, but I feel like I have one more of these on my bookshelf. I'm not going to look because then I will be pulled into reading one more from this book series that I do not enjoy. I sure do wish I didn't feel like I had to finish every series I read, especially when there are surely way better books on my bookshelf. I can't explain why I'm like this. I need some robber in a ski mask to sneak into my house and grab the last book and run off into the night. It will be much easier for me to not finish the series if the book isn't in my house. As for this book, it was more of the same nonsense with the most detailed wrestling/fighting encounters that are just torture to read where every single movement in the fight is written out. I don't need a thousand different detailed fight descriptions. This book is lucky that I actually do try to like everything I read which makes it very rare for me to go as low as a 2 or 1 out of 10. Honestly not sure how anyone could ever enjoy this book.

No comments: