Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

10/10

What could possibly be cooler than six to ten year old kids going to space to save all humanity? Almost nothing is your answer. When I was told that I would love this book, I was a bit skeptical to say the least. Science fiction? What am I, a nerd? Whatever the case might be, I thought this book was top notch.

This book won me over right from the get-go when the five year old Ender accidentally killed some bully at school. Aliens have attacked earth and the rest of the book is pure adolescent awesomeness: youngsters shipped to space to become military geniuses, competing is zero-gravity space training games, plotting and conniving and scheming and conspiring to harm or kill each other, Ender dominating at everything and being the coolest kid ever, and Ender playing his game that may save humanity.

Also, I got this book from a used bookstore and it has Orson Scott Card's autograph in the front that says, "To Laura - A survival guide for geniuses" I am not Laura.

If you think this book sounds nerdy, then I have this to say: This book is one of the funnest reads ever and it would be extremely difficult to fathom anyone not enjoying it. So there you have it.

I read this book before I would mark my books up, so I don't have any cool quotes available. Sorry fans.

No comments: