Saturday, March 15, 2014

Truth Restored by Gordon B. Hinckley / Gospel Principles

7/10

I read this on the mish many moons ago. It was the last of the 5 Missionary Reference Library books that I read, for obvious reasons. Not that this one is bad or unappealing, but because the other ones are way more awsomer. It was a good book. Truth Restored is a little recap of the the foundation of the church and such. Gospel Principles is several lessons about basic doctrines of the church. My true fans will know that I have already made a separate post about Gospel Principles.

I would recommend this book, but not before other fun Missionary Reference Library books such as Jesus the Christ, A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, and Articles of Faith.

For some reason I didn't underline much in this book so I couldn't locate too many quotes, but I will leave you with this one from the Gospel Principles portion of the book:

"When we choose to live according to God's plan for us, our agency is strengthened. Right choices increase our power to make more right choices."

No comments: