Tuesday, March 3, 2015

1984 by George Orwell

7/10

On the heels of my "Fahrenheit 451" post last week in which I declared that it had a 1984 feel, I will now do my 1984 post. Turns out 1984 was written only four years before Fahrenheit 451.

This is one of the few books that I have read more than once. I read it for the first time as a Senior in high school. Seemed like I remember liking it more than my fellow classmates. I revisited it a handful of years after that and liked it again.

There's just so much good stuff in this book. The plot is fantastic and creative. The themes are interesting and eerily prophetic at times. And the language and terminology is terrific and lasting. The book is just classic and referred to often for its ability to describe a future society that appears to become more of a reality with each passing year.

No comments: