Sunday, July 5, 2015

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball

8/10

This was the 2006 Priesthood/Relief Society manual. I finished reading it shortly after the end of that year I believe. Solid as always. The Church does a great job with these manuals.

There is a lot of good stuff in here, including his fairly famous "Tragedy or Destiny?" pamphlet  which I read while on my mission, the cover of such pamphlet pictured below:

There is also of course a chapter on The Miracle of Forgiveness, a book I own and still have not read, the cover of the book pictured below:

There are tons of good quotes. I had so many things underlined in my book that I actually didn't have time to read over all of them. Here are a few that I will share:

"When each child prays all his life for the missionary cause, he will be a good missionary."

"[I]f there is a chink in our integrity, that is where the devil concentrates his attack."

"It is not blind obedience, even without total understanding, to follow a Father who has proved himself."

"The observance of the Sabbath is an indication of the measure of our love for our Heavenly Father."

No comments: