Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Quiet American by Graham Greene

5/10

This is going to be one of those posts where I don't have much of anything to say because I read this book like seven or eight years ago and don't really remember too much about it. All I remember is that I thought it was ok. I also remember it not meeting my expectations because I really liked the only other Graham Greene book that I had read (The Third Man) and expected this one to be just as good.

In thumbing through my copy of this book I noticed several cool lines and descriptions. My brief perusal of the book appears to indicate that his writing was still sharp for this novel. So I don't really know what I didn't like other than I guess the story itself just didn't do it for me probably. I'm sure it didn't help matters that Brendan Fraser was on the cover of my book and all I could picture was him as I read about the main character. But, I didn't dislike it, don't get me wrong.

No comments: