Sunday, August 16, 2015

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

10/10

I read this back in 2008 I believe. I had seen the movie first. The book and the movie tell the same story but told in drastically different ways. I don't want to go full spoiler, so I will just say that the movie has a twist ending whereas the book tells the story through a narrator that prevents the possibility of the twist ending reveal. This is one of those situations where if I had read the book first I probably would have been bothered by the differences in the movie. But the movie is sweet with Jack going full Jack. If I had to pick though I think I would say that I like the book's presentation version better. Either way, it's a funny story with cool and interesting characters.

Two quotes:

"Man, when you lose your laugh you lose your footing."

"[Y]ou have to laugh at the things that hurt you just to keep yourself in balance, just to keep the world from running you plumb crazy."

No comments: