Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins

10/10

I just finished reading this book today. I was surprised that Mallory selected this one for me when I offered it to her as one of the four selections to choose from. I thought the plainness of the book cover would be the deal breaker. But when I read the title of the book she got pretty pumped because she thought it would be about "a girl wearing a beautiful dress to a wedding." Unbeknownst to her, the title is not referring to what she thinks it is. But I am glad she chose it for me anyway.

This book was seriously awesome. I loved it so much. It is one of my favorite books I have ever read. Seriously, it is. I just loved every single thing about it. First of all, the story is fantastic and interesting with great drama and mystery throughout. Second, the writing is superb and classic. Third, the pacing of the story is flawless with the story constantly moving forward but never too fast. And lastly, the creativity of the presentation sealed the deal. The story is told from many characters at different points in the story providing differing insights.

I will not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone. Just so enjoyable. I always looked forward to picking it up each night. And I look forward to reading another Wilkie Collins book in the future as this was my first.

No comments: