Sunday, August 30, 2015

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: John Taylor

8/10

Church manual circa 2001. I read it about 2007ish probably. John Taylor said a lot of cool things and was, shall I say, an underrated prophet? Yes I shall. Super smart and faithful guy.

To the quotes...

"[I]f we say a thing it ought to be as worthy of belief as if we had sworn to it, and as if we were bound by ten thousand ties to accomplish it."

"It is for each of us to be pure, and then say to others, 'follow me, as I follow Jesus.'"

"[W]ithout revelation religion is a mockery and a farce."

"If you do not magnify your callings, God will hold you responsible for those whom you might have saved had you done your duty."

"Some people suppose that persecutions and trials are afflictions; but sometimes, and generally, if we are doing the will of the Lord and keeping His commandments, they may be truly said to be blessings in disguise."

"We have learned many things through suffering. We call it suffering. I call it a school of experience."

No comments: