Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Lost Stars by Claudia Gray

9/10

Finished reading this with Mallory tonight. We enjoyed it very much. It was my first Star Wars book, but I enjoyed this one a lot so I will probably read several more in the near future. This one was a good first one to read as it spans the original trilogy with two characters whose stories are interwoven with Episodes 4, 5 and 6. The story had some fun moments when the story intersected with the movie and it was done really well when it happened. I was actually surprised that it didn't go over the top with it and kept true to its own story and characters overall. But it's always fun seeing a story told from a different perspective, kind of like Ender's Shadow.

The book was written well and the characters were good and interesting. I liked the development of the story with both characters dedicated to the Empire and one becoming disillusioned and joining the Rebellion and the drama that ensued. Just a fun story and I enjoyed discovering this new part of the Star Wars universe.

No comments: