Saturday, December 15, 2018

The Hardy Boys: The Tower Treasure by Franklin W. Dixon

6/10

I finished reading this a few days ago to my 6-yeor-old, Trevor. I debated whether to throw this one on the ole' blog but decided, in the spirit of transparency, to declare to all the world that I read this book. My folks read me a few Hardy Boys books back when I was a youngster and I remember enjoying them. I haven't read Trevor too many semi-long chapter books so I didn't know how he would receive it. He seemed bored most of the time other than showing some interest on what happened to the stolen "jalopy." That was probably the best part about this book - the classic use of early 1900's terms like jalopy, chum, fellows and many more.

The book was fine and we will probably try reading the next one at some point. It had enough good qualities: fun low-key mystery, a rival detective to make things interesting,  a sage father they can go to for tips on "sleuthing," and some real solid teamwork all around. Swell job, fellows!

No comments: