Monday, March 1, 2010

Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card

6/10

Book four in the Ender Series and the conclusion of the Ender quartet, but as with books two and three, Ender takes a back seat to several other characters. The books still hold your attention decent enough. This is similar to 'Xenocide' where their planet is going to be destroyed. The planet consists of three different types of species: humans, pequininos, and the hive queen. But this time all the computers are going to be shut down, which will render Jane useless. Books two through four are true science fiction. So if that's more of your thing, then these books will be your favorite. They're alright.

Also, it should be noted, that I read this book on my honeymoon. It's true, it's true. I started it at the end of our cruise, read it during the flight from L.A. to Columbus, and finished it off at Cassie's Mom's house in Mt. Vernon, Ohio. Is it lame that I read on my honeymoon? Some people were in utter and complete disbelief that I would have the audacity to read on my honeymoon. In my defense, there was a lot of relaxing going on and I'm not known to be a big nap taker. I don't feel too sheepish about it.

No comments: