Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith

9/10

That's right, the Priesthood/Relief Society book. This book is chock-full of cool teachings. Whenever I read stuff by Joseph Smith I am just blown away by his knowledge and clarity of explanation. This manual covers a sturdy 47 different topics at about ten pages each. It's some pretty inspiring stuff. Plus, I bet I am part of a small percentage of people to read this whole book. I mean, nobody reads the Priesthood manual. It is unfortunate because there is no shortage of insight. Jam-packed in fact.

It doesn't get much more quote-worthy than Joseph Smith, here are two I hand-picked: (the second one is maybe my favorite quote ever by anybody.)

"If men do not comprehend the character of God, they do not comprehend themselves."

"Let us this very day begin anew, and now say, with all our hearts, we will forsake our sins and be righteous."

That's a wrap!

No comments: